The Metric Micrometer Game - Learn to Read a Metric Micrometer
This game was published very recently and is still in beta. I would love to hear your feedback, comments, bug reports etc. You can contact me via Facebook
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use this game to learn and improve how you read a metric micrometer screw gauge.
- This game can be played using a mouse or a touch-screen.
- Press the Play Game button to begin playing the game.
- A measurement to select will appear above the micrometer.
- With your mouse or finger, click/tap and hold the thimble (handle) and move it left or right until you have reached the correct spot on the sleeve (main scale).
- Then use the minus and plus icons below the micrometer to precisely control the "sleeve main", "thimble scale" and "vernier scale" on the micrometer.
- When you believe you have the right answer, click/tap the "Submit Answer" button below the micrometer.
- For each correct answer, you will be awarded points. Your score is displayed on the left side of the Results Bar that appears below the metric micrometer.
- Points are awarded based on the following table.
- Each time you correctly guess 5 measurements, you will advance to the next level. Your current level is indicated in the Results Bar below the micrometer.
- The timer is represented to the right of the score in the Results Bar. As time passes, the bar will get shorter. It will begin as green, then turn yellow when you have only 10-seconds remaining, and turn red when you have only 5-seconds remaining.
- If you have not submitted a measurement when the time runs out, you will receive a strike.
- For each incorrect answer, you will receive a strike. After three strikes, your game is over. The number of strikes you have received is indicated on the right side of the Results Bar below the micrometer.
- Click the Settings button to adjust your preferences for the game.
- Timer: The default setting is On. Select Off to have unlimited time to submit your answer.
- Sounds: The default setting is On. Select Off to disable all game sounds.
- Mode: By default, you're in "game mode." If you want to make the game easier, you can select "Trainer" mode. In the trainer mode, you can see the current value of the main sleeve, thimble scale, and vernier scale. In the trainer mode you can just play around with the micrometer and see how moving the thimble affects the values. You can also adjust the difficulty by putting some tape over some values.
- All the setting will revert back to default and your score will reset if you refresh your browser.