Vernier Caliper Game - Learn to Read a Vernier Caliper
This game was published very recently and is still in beta. I would love to hear your feedback, comments, bug reports etc. You can contact me via Facebook
or email: email@example.com
- Use this game to learn and improve your Vernier caliper reading skills.
- Game can be played either with an imperial scale or a metric scale. Numbers on the top of the scale are for the inch game and at the bottom for the centimeter game.
Inch game precision: 0.001 inches.
Metric game precision: 0,02 millimeters.
- This game can be played using a mouse or a touch-screen.
- Press the Play Game button to begin playing the game.
- A measurement to select will appear above the Vernier caliper.
- With your mouse or finger, click/tap and hold the slider and move it left or right until you have reached the correct spot.
- If you were not able to hit exactly the right spot, you can use the minus and plus icons below the Vernier caliper to control the Vernier caliper and move it up or down by 0.001 inches or 0,002 centimeters with each click.
- There's a small yellow arrow pointing to the lines matching perfectly.
- When you think you have the right answer, click/tap the "Submit Answer" button below the Vernier caliper.
- For each correct answer, you will be awarded points. Your score is displayed on the left side of the Results Bar that appears below the Vernier caliper.
- Points are awarded based on the following table.
- Each time you correctly guess 5 measurements, you will advance to the next level. Your current level is indicated in the Results Bar below the Vernier caliper.
- The timer is represented to the right of the score in the Results Bar. As time passes, the bar will get shorter.
- If you have not selected a measurement when time runs out, you will receive a strike for selecting 0.
- For each incorrect answer, you will receive a strike. After three strikes, your game is over. The number of strikes you have received is indicated on the right side of the Results Bar below the Vernier caliper.
- Click the Settings button to adjust your preferences for the game.
- Timer: The default setting is On. Select Off to have unlimited time to submit your answer.
- Sounds: The default setting is On. Select Off to disable all game sounds.
- Scale: Choose between inch and centimeter game. Default is inch.
- Mode: By default, you're in a "game mode". If you want to make the game easier, you can select "Trainer" mode. In this mode, you can see the current value of the Vernier caliper the below the caliper.
- All the setting will revert back to default and your score will reset if you refresh your browser.