Dial Caliper Game - Learn to Read a Dial Caliper
This game was published very recently and is still in beta. I would love to hear your feedback, comments, bug reports etc. You can contact me via Facebook
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use this game to learn and improve your dial caliper reading skills.
- Game can be played either with an imperial scale or a metric scale. Numbers on the top of the scale are for centimeters and at the bottom for inches.
- This game can be played using a mouse or a touch-screen.
- Press the Play Game button to begin playing the game.
- A measurement to select will appear above the dial caliper.
- With your mouse or finger, click/tap and hold the dial and move it left or right until you have reached the correct spot.
- If you were not able to hit exactly the right spot, you can use the minus and plus icons below the dial caliper to control the dial caliper and move it up or down by 0.001 inches or 0,001 cm with each click.
- When you think you have the right answer, click/tap the "Submit Answer" button below the dial caliper.
- For each correct answer, you will be awarded points. Your score is displayed on the left side of the Results Bar that appears below the dial caliper.
- Points are awarded based on the following table.
- Each time you correctly guess 5 measurements, you will advance to the next level. Your current level is indicated in the Results Bar below the dial caliper.
- The timer is represented to the right of the score in the Results Bar. As time passes, the bar will get shorter.
- If you have not submitted a measurement when the time runs out, you will receive a strike.
- For each incorrect answer, you will receive a strike. After three strikes, your game is over. The number of strikes you have received is indicated on the right side of the Results Bar below the dial caliper.
- Click the Settings button to adjust your preferences for the game.
- Timer: The default setting is On. Select Off to have unlimited time to submit your answer.
- Sounds: The default setting is On. Select Off to disable all game sounds.
- Scale: Choose between inch and metric game. Default is inch.
- Mode: By default, you're in "game mode." If you want to make the game easier, you can select "Trainer" mode. In the trainer mode, you can see the current value of the dial caliper below the caliper.
- All the setting will revert back to default and your score will reset if you refresh your browser.